Thursday, June 19, 2008

Obama and McCain Tax Plans

(Your Tax Bill: How McCain, Obama Differ) I think everyone should get a look at this article to understand how the different presidential candidates might effect your personal finances. It looks to me like the average middle income person doesn't seem to get much difference by either candidate. It is very interesting to me to see how dramatic the difference is for the very high earners. If the difference to me where half a million dollars in taxes I would have my mind made up on whom to vote for. I'm always curious why all us average earners don't band together and out vote the very high earners and have them pay more taxes and us less. Why doesn't this happen. We should have a majority. Is it the fact that we all hope some day to be in the top tax bracket and know that if we were in that situation we would not like that idea of the government taking an unfair portion of our money? Why don't we tax the crap out of the rich to make our government run better? Any ideas out there? It would seem that they have the most extra money to spare. Would inflation just negate any less tax the average person would pay, because the costs of all good would go up to cover the difference? What would happen?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice blog indeed

Anonymous said...

thanks for the heads up