Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Make Your Advice Column Change Me.

(Is Carrie Bradshaw a Crock?) More interesting than the article this time are the comments about the article. The article talks about gender pay gaps and how women should prepare themselves for financial success. It has some great points that should motivate women to start savings now and look beyond some of the typical reasons they aren't saving. The article should be taken at face value the author is giving good information to women in their 20's. I'm not sure the article takes the best approach. She seems to forget that you can't just point out the problems without providing a solution. Everyone in a America can see and knows that Social Security is in trouble, but no one can seems to set out a plan to fix it. If you are going to write an advice column I want more than what the problems are I want to know how to fix them. Her article seems to tell you to ignore every feeling you might have against starting savings today and there doesn't appear to be a whole lot of why I should do that. The whole idea of an advice article to show me how to move past all my worries and stumbling blocks.

No comments: